Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's only the beginning...

I completely realize that I am a lame blogger...however I have been trying to really live in the moment and enjoy every second of fun that we are having which means bloggy time is rare and very  low on my list of priorities!  We have been extremely busy doing lots of fun things as a family before family time becomes much more rare...even more rare than bloggy time...when Leif reports back to sea duty!  I really can't believe that it isn't even June yet...we have already been to the beach several times, to the pool, and on the boat...this means that I am already on my second bottle of sunscreen and I just might have purchased 2 new bathing suits in anticipation of our annual trip to the Riviera Maya (6 days away)!
We somehow managed to jam pack more activity into this Memorial Day weekend than most people do in a summer and to be honest with you, I wouldn't have it any other way!  My mom was here for 2.5 weeks and before she left on Friday, I treated her to a massage, we did some shopping, had a nice lunch and then it was off to the airport...1 hour later Leif's cousin and his girlfriend came to stay the night with us and by the time they left on Saturday morning we were walking out the door for a fun day on Nana and Pop's boat!  Boating makes me smile...and the fact that Aiden loves boating makes my heart smile as well!  This was our first official boating trip and my biggest concern was whether or not Aiden would wear his life vest....

Sweet Success!!

As I mentioned in my previous post, Aiden's vocabulary is progressing everyday...this weekend some of his new favorite words were walk, touch, motor, boat and see.  He wants to "touch" and "see" everything...OH and his favorite word/person is Pop's...poor Pop's, I think he held, followed, or played with Aiden all weekend!




And Momma and Daddy had a little fun on the sandbar while Pop's entertained Aiden...



I can't believe that it is only Sunday and we still have all day tomorrow (memorial day) to create some more fabulous memories!  I am pretty sure we will do a lot of "walking", "seeing", and "touching" if Aiden has anything to do with it...Pop's went home...he needed a break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment