Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm baaaack...

OK...I'm back for today but who knows what tomorrow will bring.  Things have been crazy here for us but crazy good!  We are in our beautiful new home and pretty much settled!  Leif is CRAZY busy at work but Mommy and Aiden knew it was coming and we have prepared for the next few years of craziness!  We are slowly gearing up for a possible earlier than expected deployment and I am completely dreading it (who wouldn't be).  Leif is out to Sea this week and will continue to be gone a lot until December and as parents we are trying to figure out how to cope with a little boy who loves and misses his daddy like crazy.  Here's a sweet story for the memory books...

Leif was putting Aiden to bed a few days prior to leaving and he was explaining that "Daddy had to go out to Sea"...Aiden asked a lot of "why's?"
"Daddy has to go out to Sea and he won't be coming home for a week"
WHY?
"Because Daddy works on a warship for the United States Navy and sometimes we have to go out to Sea and work"
WHY?
"Because Daddy is in the Navy and it is our job to be on our warship and protect America"
Aiden reached up, grabbed Leif around the neck, gave him a big hug and said "Thank you Daddy, I love you"

When Leif came down to tell me this I thought we were both going to bust into tears...you can't make that kind of stuff up!!!!
I am so proud of my husband for how hard he works...but I am even more proud of my almost 3 year old for displaying appreciation even when it means he has to sacrifice time with his Daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment