Sunday, July 27, 2014

Workin out...


I am one of those odd people that truly enjoys working out.  There are certainly days that I don't feel like working out but I can honestly say that I have never regretted my workout once it was complete.  I have enjoyed "fitness" since I was little.  I seriously wore sweatbands all of the time.  Do you need proof??
So....with that being said...here's my point!  Growing up, although I was very involved in sports, a healthy lifestyle was not a priority in my family.  My parents weren't active and didn't eat well.  I grew up with a terrible body image and it is something that I don't want my kids to think about.  I want them to find the joy and the fun in being healthy and being active.  Whenever I workout at home I encourage them to participate and Aiden has now joined crossfit kids at the crossfit gym I go to.  It is so awesome to see his excitement and passion for working out...


Even Easton likes to get in on the action...


My hope is that I can pass my love of working out onto my kids and that they will see the value it brings to life and good health.  So far, both boys seem to love it.  They emulate what I do, model my movements, and put a bar or kettle bell in front of them and they know exactly what it's for!  When talking about good food I try to instill in them that healthy food makes you strong...I don't emphasize "too many carbs", getting fat from food, etc...I never say the word diet nor do I say I work out to lose weight!  I want them to know that working out is for so much more than appearance.  I want it to be part of their lifestyle...
I want them to know that Mommy is strong...just like Daddy... and that investing into yourself and your health should always be a priority!

No comments:

Post a Comment