Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Magical Mexico...

So I am a little behind on this post...whatever!!!!
Two weeks ago we spent a magnificent 6 days in the beautiful Riviera Maya...we stayed at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa!  This was our second trip to the same resort and if that doesn't tell you how awesome it is, I don't know what will!
Rather than write a long post about all of the details I will just give you the highlights in pictures! (warning:  LOTS of pictures begin now...)

Paradise Indeed!

Let the fun begin...
First afternoon was rainy...upgraded to Jacuzzi on our balcony... priceless

Putting the family in family vacation!

Beach Front Playground...
Nana and Pops came this year...

"Swing Up" bar

All Inclusive means "1 more virgin daiquiri please"

Happy Boy

AMAZING  Ceviche....is it bad that I ordered this everyday?

The seafood was so fresh and Muy Delicioso

Daily 2+ hour naps in the cabana!

Fabulous Family Dinners

First Class...

Breathtaking views


Date Night...




New Friends....

Recreating the same pose from 2010

Chess Anyone?
If these pictures do not make you want to get on a plane right now, you are blind!!!  This was an amazing vacation that absolutely could not have gone better!  Aiden was an Angel...he slept on the plane, napped at the cabana, played at the pool all day (everyday), made new friends and brought new meaning to the phrase "go with the flow"!  I am one proud Momma...was there any question?

When I was a kid we didn't take family vacations, in fact we didn't do anything as a family.  I did, however, vacation with my "other" family and I am so thankful for them and the places they took me...I have mentioned them before in this blog!  I used to dream about the life I wanted for my children...a life full of fun memories, new experiences, and lots and lots of family time!  I am lucky enough to have married a man who feels the same way, a man who works very hard to make sure that we can do the fun things that I have the pleasure of blogging about, a man that would rather be with his family than anywhere else in the world!  I know that when he deploys our fun excursions will be a little more rare but there is no doubt that I cherish every amazing moment that we have made thus far and the ones that I know are to come...as long as we are together there will always be a ton of "Adventures in Gunder-land"!

No comments:

Post a Comment