Friday, July 15, 2011

The New Mr. and Mrs.


I LOVE WEDDINGS!!!  I doubt that I am the only one!  To be honest, I really haven't been to that many weddings!  My wedding was only the 3rd wedding I had ever been to, but since then that number has increased! Weddings and babies kind of come in waves...so for today I want to share some moments from a very beautiful wedding that the hubs and I had the honor of attending!
The wedding of our very dear friend, Matt and his very beautiful bride, Melissa!
My hubs and Matt have been friends since probably before high school!  We had the same circle of friends throughout high school and even into our college years...Matt lived in Charleston our first time here back in 2005...so to say we saw him often would be an understatement!
To spare you all of the details about Matt meeting Melissa I will just say that I remember him telling us he met a girl...he was smitten and he didn't even have to say it (although he did say it...multiple times hehe).  Over the past few years of their relationship, we have had the pleasure of getting to know Melissa and it has been so great to add another addition into our circle of friends, a very exclusive circle, if I do say so myself!
Fast forward to the wedding....It was held at the Sheraton Town Centre in Columbia, MD...a Beautiful hotel...perfect for a beautiful couple!  If I have said it once, I have probably said it a million times, I am a cry baby....I honestly could not help but to tear up when I saw Melissa and her Dad walking down the aisle...
The look of pride on her dad's face was priceless...and Melissa looked beautiful!!!  Her dress was gorgeous...she is the cutest little thing anyways but that dress was really perfect for her!!!
The ceremony was perfect...short, sweet, and to the point!  So for the highlights in pictures...
Matt waiting patiently...

The Vows...

THE KISS!!!

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Voelker!
Now onto the PARTY....if you run in our group of friends you know that we LOVE a good party!!!  There were so many wonderful things about this event...
 Spending time with my best girl friends
The first dance...

L.O.V.E

The speeches...

Daddy/Daughter Dance

Cutting the cake...

Mother and Daughter!
The reception was a amazing...the food was yummy, the dessert was decadent, the people were a blast, oh and did I mention the PHOTOBOOTH....


Welcome to "The Girls" Melissa

After we danced the night away, we decided that the party wasn't over...after a short walk we arrived at the after party....the fun continued....(obviously)
With the Groom

Cheers...

Do we look like we are having fun???

Best Buds!!!
Matt and Melissa,
Thank you so much for including us in your special day!  Not only was the wedding beautiful but the "party" was one to go into the books!  We had such a wonderful time and felt so privileged to be a part of your special day!  We want to wish you eternal love and happiness in your marriage and hope that the you remember the excitement and love that you felt on your wedding day, each and every day of your marriage!  Congratulations and may you always kiss each other good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment