Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pirate Aiden

Come set sail on an adventurous tour,
Pirate Aiden is turning 4!!!


While Aiden doesn't actually turn 4 until Sunday September 1st, I decided that with hassle of labor day I would go ahead and have his birthday party a week early.  Those that know me know that I love to host...a cookout, a BBQ, or a birthday party...I love to organize events and I always do things BIG!  I actually get anxiety at the thought of not being in control of organizing my kids parties...weird, I know! I blame the OCD!!!

I usually have lots of time to prepare but with Leif deployed most of my preparing was done with the kids attached to me or in the 3 days leading up to the party when I had some extra help!  Needless to say, I got everything done and I have so many people to THANK for their time and countless offers to pitch in.  You know who you are so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Now to the party...Aiden wanted a pirate pool party!!!!  DONE!!!

This adorable cake was made by my talented neighbor


AAARRRGGGG

Daddy was there in spirit!!!



Pirate transformation party favors...

FOOD!

Fruit Swords

Pirates Teeth

These boys keep me going

My boy!

MYO pirate map and kiddie corner :-)

Grandpa made it

Getting in the spirit!



My emotions got the best of me...
A bittersweet moment...1st birthday party without Daddy!

Birthday boy!

Everyone was getting in the spirit!

Pirate Roli :-)

Pirate Jackson

My family

Siblings :-)  Life is short...we stick together!
The day was absolutely wonderful.  We really missed Daddy and my emotions got the best of me a few times...what can I say, I am only human!  Aiden asked multiple times if Daddy would be at his party...although he couldn't be there physically, I could definitely feel him there with us!  His heart was there and I know it tore him up to not be there!  We are so thankful for all of the people who were there and who have been behind us 100%!  Aiden was so excited....especially about the cupcakes...

I really can't believe that my baby boy is almost 4!  He is such an amazing "little man".  He amazes me everyday with his compassion, creativity, kindness and bravery!  I really could go on and on...but I will save that for his birthday!!!  The party was a blast...we are truly blessed with the most amazing and supportive friends and family!!!!  Thank you for celebrating with us and for making Aiden's day so memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment