Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday

It is really hard to grasp the fact that my boy is 4 years old.  I feel like it was just last week we were bringing him home...Leif and I reminisced the other night on the phone about that day...the one thing that we both remember is how we came home, introduced Aiden to Buddy and then we both cried...yes, we cried!  Happy tears, tears of fear, uncertainty....tears that said "what do we do now?".   Now here we are, 4 years later...by far the most amazing 4 years of my entire life.
Aiden is really the sweetest, most compassionate, animated, smart and loving little boy.  There is not a day that goes by that he does not say something that completely amazes me.  Now don't get me wrong, Aiden can throw an all out temper tantrum with the best of them, but those moments certainly do not define him and thankfully are pretty rare.  He cares about peoples feelings, he is honest with his emotions, and he aims to please!

Here's what 4 years old looks like on Aiden Ellis...

He is a whopping 33lbs and 39 inches tall.

Some days he is a ninja turtle...

Others he is a superhero...

Batman???

An adventurer...

Such a great helper...


Aiden's imagination completely blows my mind.  He thinks of the most creative ways to play, builds complicated contraptions, and will go on and on with the stories he makes up as if they are completely reality.

He is truly the greatest big brother ever...I couldn't have asked for a better brother for Mr. E!


Sometimes Aiden likes to make up his own words...right now my favorite is "hish'  which is push and hit morphed into one..."Mommy can I hish the button in the elevator"...it's not proper but I just love it.
He is rambunctious, energetic, and incredibly tough.  But one thing he is not is a thrill seeker.  THe boy does not like things to go too fast...other than him in his super fast shoes after he pushes the turbo button.  Put him on a swing and do a really big underdog and he is OVER it!  He does not like the drop in his stomach!  He is also attached to me...some of that has to do with Daddy being deployed and some of that has to do with that fact that I am so much fun to be around...just kidding!  In all seriousness though he never wants me to leave for any reason...phew!

Clinging to my leg...

There are so many cute things about my boy...but the one thing I am most proud of is his heart...it's big and wide open to others feelings.  Tonight as I put him to bed he said "Mommy can I tell you something really quick?"  Sure...he whispers in my ear "you're my precious sweetie"....MELTS MY HEART!!!


My sweet Aiden,
My love for you is like nothing I ever thought possible.  You have taught Daddy and I what it means to love someone selflessly and unconditionally!  There is not one thing that I would not do for you!  Being your mommy (and Easton too) is my number 1 priority!  I am so proud of the little "man" you have become.  You have had so many unique and challenging experiences in your life and you continue to amaze me with your ability to just go with the flow, your bravery, and your willingness to accept change.  I thank God every night for letting me be your mommy!  You are with out a doubt the greatest gift of my life!  From the moment the doctor said "your pregnant" until now I have felt so incredibly blessed and fulfilled.  My heart is so full because of my love for you!  You literally grabbed a hold of my heart before you were born and now you have it tightly in your hand. You are my favorite ninja turtle, the ultimate superhero, and my best bud.  Mommy and Daddy love you more than anything in the whole wide world...and you, my love, make Easton smile bigger than anybody and belly laugh like no one else can...a true sign of his love and admiration for you!  I can't help but feel sad for every year that passes but incredibly excited for the journey to come!  Happy 4th Birthday Sweet Boy!!!  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment