Wednesday, November 20, 2013

That moment...

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to capture a truly once in a lifetime moment…the moment when a deployed parent comes home and meets their baby for the first time.  A wonderful friend of mine recommended me to another friend/neighbor whose husband was returning from a 9 month deployment.  I have been fortunate enough to slowly cultivate a little business for myself and was completely shocked when someone was willing to take a chance on me and trust me without even seeing a single photo I had taken.  I had always wanted to capture a military homecoming but would never volunteer myself for such pressure.  To say I was nervous is a complete understatement.  What if I miss that split second moment when he finally lays eyes on his baby?  What is the lighting changes right before he walks off the ship and I can't change my settings in time?  What is the picture is blurry?  What if someone walks in front of me?  What if I am crying so hard thinking of my own homecoming that I can't concentrate?  What if I pass out?  What if I think of a million excuses as to why I shouldn't do it?  What if I take a chance?  What if I challenge myself and actually do a good job?  So I did it and LOVED every second of it.  All I can say is WOW…what an experience and what a moment to witness!  It was incredible…I was nervous for Shauna, excited for Shaun, and so incredibly emotional…here are a few of my favorites…














If I had to pick a favorite it would have to be one shot of pure emotion.  Shauna told me that Sean rarely shows any kind of emotion…well, how could you not tear up at this sweet moment of happiness…

Welcome Home Sean!!!  THANK YOU for your sacrifice and for your service!

No comments:

Post a Comment