Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yummy in my tummy!!

I love to cook...but let's be realistic...all I really do is follow a recipe and if it is fabulous, I call it my own, and if it is BLAH I blame the recipe!  I often look for random ingredients in my cupboard, type them into google, and try something new!  The following meal is from a recipe I found and completely changed so I am calling it my own!  Also...it is NOT Aiden friendly as it contains shrimp, butter and linguine noodles...he had grilled chicken, blueberries and rice!

Shrimp Linguine with White Wine Tomato Sauce
Ingredients

Simmer

In the thick of it...

Combine...

The End!


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 cans of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
1 cup of dry white wine
1 tablespoon of butter
salt and pepper to taste

3/4 package of linguine

1lb of peeled and deveined shrimp (mine were already cooked but usually I use raw)
Old Bay Seasoning
2 tablespoons of olive oil

Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Add garlic, cook for 2 mins.  Add tomatoes and wine.  Simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring frequently.  Add butter, salt and pepper.

In separate pot boil linguine noodles for approximately 11 minutes.  Drain well

Season shrimp generously with old bay, salt and pepper.  Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium high heat, stir in shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes.  (if already cooked, heat shrimp with seasoning for approximately 2 minutes)  Stir shrimp into sauce and then add linguine in and stir.  Simmer for 3-5 minutes and serve!


Oh Yeah...if your tummy if full...this little boy fills my heart!


1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I love blog recipes! Can't wait to try this one, thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete