Sunday, August 28, 2011

"The ornaments of your house will be the guests who frequent it."

My bro enjoying his vacation!

As our time here in Charleston comes to a close, we have been extremely busy with all of the details that go along with moving 3 times in 10 months...yes, you read that right!  I will blog about that adventure soon but for today I want to share one of the last minute perks of our move...the surge of visitors!!!  Although we have lived here for almost 2 years, it seems as though we are being inundated with guests now that we are slated to leave!  Believe me when I tell you that this isn't a BAD thing...in fact it is a very exciting thing!   Although a few of our dedicated friends and family have made the trek here to beautiful Charleston, MANY have not!  For what ever LAME reason, AHEM, I mean totally validated reason, the large majority of our friends have not come to visit us!  Sad, I know, but if you don't want to visit this beautiful city and have a free place to stay...well you need to have your head examined immediately hehehe!!!  As usual, I digress!  Two weeks ago (yes I am behind), we had some wonderful company....after many many many years, my big brother FINALLY came to visit his little sister!
We had such a great time...here is a quick synopsis (in pictures OF COURSE) of his week long visit!
A Day on the Boat...

My Big Brother and his love Tammy...

Operation Dolphin watch...SUCCESS!!

Operation Starfish....SUCCESS!!

Hanging out with my big bro...

Aiden had such a blast with "TIM" and "TAMMY"

Just relaxing on the porch...
We did our best to stay busy and show our family a good time!!!  It was so nice to show my brother that his little sister has actually grown up...I think that he sometimes forgets that I am not the same little 8 year old pony tailed girl that I used to be...before he left, my brother paid me the ultimate compliment.  He said that I "epitomized southern hospitality"...Mission Accomplished!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I got to visit again, before you guys headed out... I know you'll miss the place as much as I do... be careful and have fun!! I moved 5 times in 12 months... but it was just me a packed honda fit... not jealous

    ReplyDelete