Sunday, February 17, 2013

Aiden's big boy room!

If it seems like it has been an eternity since I started Aiden's big boy room...well, it has been!  Between trying to find the perfect pieces (on sale), watching paint dry (literally...3 coats of primer with a 3 days dry time between coats not counting the stripes...I think my painter was "fitting me in"), relying on others to do the heavy lifting while Leif was out to sea and my good old fashion indecisiveness, this project took forever!  But it was, without a doubt, a true labor of love and I am beyond thrilled with the way it turned out!  If you want to see the original plan you can check it out HERE!!!

And here it is....minus nightstands because I STILL can't find any that I LOVE!!!

LOVE how the wall turned out...still debating the rug though!

A fun little reading nook

Add caption


The closet is completely organized...just how I like it!

The mastermind...Uncle Josh!!!

Sophisticated mixed with fun
I love the room but more importantly Aiden loves the room.  He gets so excited when new people come over that haven't seen his "new big boy room".  It didn't take him long to get over giving up his original room to his baby brother!  OH, and he sleeps like a champ in his big boy bed!
I really can't thank Josh enough for 1. PUTTING UP WITH ME :-) 2. driving down here while Leif was away to finish "A's" room and start and almost finish baby "E's" room! 3. creating such an amazing design and working, researching, and forcing me to see it through! 4. For just being the amazing person that he is!  I was kind of an emotional wreck when he showed up and he tolerated me and didn't run in the other direction...we stayed up late and worked really hard for 2 days straight and I can't wait to do it again.  Josh, what's next????

No comments:

Post a Comment