Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mothers Day

This Mother's Day was truly special for our family...first, the hubs is here to enjoy time with us and second, our kids were dedicated at church.  Leif and I have often discussed the fact that we want to raise our children in a faithful household where we allow our kids to feel comfortable to discuss beliefs, ask questions and even question the answers.  The hard part for us has been finding a place where we feel comfortable growing in our faith and helping our kids do the same.  Our wonderful friends have been amazing in aiding us in the process of finding our church home...and we believe we have found it.  So....our boys were dedicated to The Lord, to faith and we as parents made a public vow to lead and raise our kids in a faithful household. It was a great moment and even better that it was on Mothers Day...
After church we were attempting a family "selfie" when a sweet teen boy walked by and yelled "selfie" and then offered to take a picture for us...so glad he did because it turned out great...
After church we went home and I had some "me time" by the pool and by me time and pool I mean Aiden played in the plastic baby pool while I had a mimosa and read a book of recipes...
Midway through our tropical vacation hehe daddy and Aiden surprised me with homemade chocolate covered strawberries...I may or may not have told the hub that Aiden told me he was getting me that for Mother's Day...wouldn't want the boy to be disappointed when the strawberries never showed up! 
Strawberries, a little sun and a mimosa...yes please!!!
The hubby had made reservations at my favorite chop house...I decided that I would save that for date night so we headed to my other favorite place...the yard house!!!  Seriously yummy food and libations...
Best part is the boys were beyond well behaved...such a peaceful meal...
It was such an enjoyable day...these boys are my whole world!  I take my job as their mommy very seriously and know that I am rewarded daily with their smiling faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment