Monday, October 3, 2011

2 years 1 month =25 months!

As I sit here and think about the fact that my baby boy is 25 months old (+2 days) I am hoping that this next year does not go by as quickly as year 2 did...I swear that the 2nd year of Aiden's life went by in an instant!
Our life has been crazy over the last month with goodbyes, packing, moving, semi-settling and then moving again...in my mind it seems so incredibly difficult to move 3 times in 10 months with a toddler but in reality my sweet boy has been so laid back and adapting. I have heard that the "two's" can be difficult and although I have seen a few teasers, I am actually pleasantly surprised (I may eat these words) by how calm and sweet Aiden continues to be!
Here is what 25 months looks like for my sweet Aiden...
My little tyke weighs just about 23lbs...maybe a little more.




Aiden, your vocabulary amazes me...ummmm how did you get so smart?


Somehow you have managed to pretty much potty train yourself...about a week before your birthday I bought you a potty...you willingly use it several times a day...in fact, you woke up the other day, walked out of the bedroom, looked at me and said "potty"...I took you into the bathroom, removed your DRY diaper, and you sat on the potty and made a huge deposit!!!! Your desire to potty only intensified after we bought the DVD Elmo's Potty Time...



Speaking of Elmo, you are still in love with Elmo...in fact I am pretty sure Elmo helped potty trained you! You are constantly asking to watch Elmo's world and as much as I don't want you to watch a lot of TV, I can't complain b/c you have learned so much from that little red monster.


After 2 years and 20 days, you have officially stopped breastfeeding! Although I had originally only intended on nursing you for a year there were just too many other factors that contributed to the fact that I nursed you for over 2 years. There were many people who disagreed and often voiced their opinion as to when I should stop but I knew that when it was time I would know!!! For the first few days you would ask for milk and even wake up in the middle of the night crying for it, but after about 4 days you had moved on to waking up asking for waffles and sausage!


I really am incredibly grateful for the fact that my body allowed me 2 solid and absolutely wonderful years of nursing you...I believe that breastmilk is the best for every baby but I also know that it is incredibly difficult, time consuming and, for some, physically impossible. With that said, it was truly an amazing bonding time for us and one that I will cherish forever!

Your eating habits are still truly a gift...you LOVE cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, spinach and chicky (chicken)...you also love popsicles...hey, if you are going to eat 4 sausage links, a half a waffles and fruit for breakfast...I won't complain when you want a Popsicle.


Your favorite person...do I even need to say it??? I know you love me and your daddy more than anything in the world but we also know that your best bud is Pops!!! We were at the park and your were "driving" the car and I said "Aiden, where are you going?" You replied "I going to Pops house"


I know I am your Momma...and I know that I am completely biased...BUT you are the sweetest, most loving, empathetic little boy ever! You kiss boo boo's, give snuggles, hugs, kisses and you are constantly telling us how happy you are..."Momma, ME Happy"...well baby boy...ME Happy Too!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment