Saturday, April 7, 2012

scheduled...

This will be short, sweet, and to the point!  I have scheduled my surgery to have the tumor in my head removed for April 26th at 8:30 a.m.  We are waiting until the end of the month because Leif's schedule will be a little less dense and therefore allow for him to actually be there for my surgery!  I have already done my pre-op and we are ready to go!  During my pre-op appointment the OR nurses were so encouraging and comforting!  They will be the ones with me before, during, and after my surgery!  They promised that they wouldn't let the doctor shave too much of my hair :-)!  They also reassured me several times that this is exactly what they would do if they were in my shoes!  My recovery time will be 1 week so please pray that I can relinquish control for that time...my mom will be here to take care of Aiden and I just hope that I can let go enough to allow her to help me!
We have tried our very best to personally share the news with the majority of our family and friends but at the end of the day I am sure I missed a few...sorry if you didn't get the phone call!  I am sure Leif will keep everyone updated on surgery day and with a week of recovery I will be posting so much that everyone will be sick of me!  Thank you again for all of the emails, calls, texts and messages!  I appreciate everyone's love, prayers, and support!
Happy Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment