Friday, October 19, 2012

Aiden's first field trip...


Yesterday was a very exciting day for my little "preschooler".  We took our first field trip with Aiden's class and both Aiden and I had really been looking forward to it!  The morning of the field trip Aiden had to have a talk with me.  It went something like this...
A:  Mommy, I want Daddy to go with us to the pumpkin patch.
Me:  I know, bud!
A:  But Daddy and I had a talk.
Me: Oh really?
A: Yes,  Daddy has to work on his ship BOOO but that's ok Mommy because we will have fun and see Daddy next week when he gets back!  We need to get a Daddy pumpkin, a mommy pumpkin, and an Aiden pumpkin just for Daddy!

Seriously...my boy takes it better than I do!  I have some of the best conversations with him and often forget that he is 3.  Knowing that he "understood" the situation definitely helped start a fun day!

We headed out to Taylor Farm to meet all of Aiden's classmate and start our fun adventure at the pumpkin patch.  The weather wasn't exactly as forecasted but it just added to the feel of fall!!!  Rain or shine we had a blast.

Meeting up with his Bud Connolly
First order of business...HAYRIDE



The hayride led us out to the "pumpkin patch" and one of the play areas...





This donkey must have tasted something sweet on Aiden's hand because he kept licking it!






The main event.....Picking our pumpkin!  Of course Aiden picked out the biggest "little" pumpkin they had and then said..."here Mommy, it's heavy"




THE WINNER

We tried to get a picture but Aiden wasn't having it...picture with Mommy? or Playing in a huge open field?  Mommy lost :-(


After snack time it was back to playing.  Aiden really enjoys playing with his classmates especially our sweet neighbors Connolly and Carolina.  I believe I saw some flirting between Aiden and "Roli"...Tara, if you are reading this I would not show this to Micah...he might not let us be friends!




Visiting some of the friendly animals...

This pretty girl loved the smell of pumpkin!


All aboard Connolly, Roli, and Aiden
And our attempt at a class picture....
I think it is pretty safe to say that all of the kids had a great time!  Aiden was exhausted and took a 3 hour nap after his field trip and then gave me absolutely no trouble at bed time!!!  I, ahem,  Aiden can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment