Friday, October 15, 2010

It's The Little Things...

 For some odd reason, while I was pregnant I heard a lot about how hard being a parent is.  It seemed as though everyone was trying to convince me that I was entering a battle zone of sleepless nights, crying fits, stinky diapers, endless laundry and zero "Teresa" time.  There are a ton of things that "I wish" I knew about parenting and there are a ton of things that no one can ever prepare you for. Believe me, I am not saying that it is easy, not even close, however I do believe that there is so much more.  There's the good, the bad, the stinky and then there are the little things!  Sometimes with the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the pressures of being a great wife, the perfect mother,and  a good friend/ family memeber, it can be really easy to forget about the moments that really keep you going.  The once in a life time, priceless, take your breath away, bring tears to your eyes moments.  If I may, I will share just 5  "little things"...

1.  Just the other day I heard Aiden babbling...when I looked across the room I saw Aiden "reading" a book to our precious doggy Buddy.  The way he turned the page and the inflection in his voice brought tears to my eyes.


2.  Aiden loves Momma and Daddy's sunglasses.  He used to love to eat them but now he tries to wear them.  It is truly amazing the things he has learned just by watching us.

3.  What Momma or Daddy doesn't love an unsolicited hug from their baby...Aiden knows that he can change my whole day with just one little pucker or squeeze around my neck.

4.  The look on his face when he is doing something that he shouldn't be doing and trust me he KNOWS what Momma will and won't allow!



5.  Aiden's little BIG personality...It is truly amazing how quickly children develop a personality.  Aiden is a funny little boy and he knows it!  He will make a silly face and then throw his head back in laughter.  He will feed Buddy from his high chair and then look at us like "WHAT?"  He will "steal" looks at Momma and Daddy out of the corner of his eye thinking we won't notice....OH trust me my sweet baby boy, I NOTICE!



1 comment:

  1. Awww. This is priceless!! The pictures are georgeous! Thanks for doing this blog!

    ReplyDelete