Monday, October 18, 2010

Southern State of Mind

I consider myself to be a very lucky girl.  I have a great family, wonderful friends, good health and I just happen to live in a pretty awesome town!  There are so many amazing places to visit right in our own backyard and I have yet to be disappointed.  This past weekend we attended "Dogtoberfest" on Kiawah Island.  Dogtoberfest is a wine/beer tasting event that benefits animal rescue and features samplings, meet and greets, adoption info and much more.  I was really nervous about having Aiden out in a crowd of people all day, mainly because he is 1 but he thinks he's 10.  The boy has never met a stranger and he enjoys the freedom that comes with learning to walk.  We spent several hours just walking around, petting dogs, dancing to music and of course Momma sampled some wine!  A nice lady noticed that Aiden had his eye on her balloons and despite my fear of him chewing on them I let her make Aiden's day and we tied the balloons to his jeans.  Needless to say Aiden spent most of the day playing with those 2 ballons and he was the envy of every child there!  After the tasting, as we were headed to dinner, we made a quick detour because we absolutely had to take advantage of the beautiful scenery on Kiawah Island!  Our impromptu photoshoot was a blast and resulted in some adorable photos...I think the balloons were the perfect touch!  We spent the whole day on Kiawah and on the way home we were already talking about how there just wasn't enough time to see everything...don't worry Kiawah, we will be back!

Momma, can we take him home to Buddy?


I love this place!


Always on the go...



Beautiful View!

2 comments:

  1. That was such a sweet blog. Amazing how two little balloons could make his day and yours too. You have a wonderful family...continue to treasure every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete