Friday, December 13, 2013

Deck the halls...

I have really worked hard this year to be in the holiday spirit full force.  It is hard to feel "jolly and bright" when your heart isn't whole!  This isn't a sad poor me post by any stretch but there have been a few of those moments in the preparation of the holidays.  I am trying to do it all, make everyone happy, and see everyone but unfortunately some people are impossible to please!  One person that is very pleased is ME!  I am very pleased with myself and my ability to get all of my shopping done, most of my wrapping done (thanks Mom) and all of my Christmas decor up with out the Hubby's help or input!  Although I love Christmas and Christmas decorations, those who know me know that I am not a fan of "stuff".  I don't like clutter and I don't like a lot of extra things to clean or store, therefore I really do not do a TON of seasonal decorating.  Don't get me wrong, I love it…several of my neighbors decorate seasonally and their homes are absolutely beautiful but my self diagnosed OCD can't take it!  So…I decked my halls in my favorite style…simple and classy…


I was super pumped when Leif noticed I had installed a spotlight all by myself!!!

Last year we realized that our tree was too small for our new home.  So this year I was in search of the perfect real looking fake 9ft tree…I LOVE HER…
I finally bit the bullet and ordered stockings from Pottery Barn (on sale, free monogramming, and free shipping of course)


Aiden did almost the whole tree himself…I only moved a couple of things…



He was so bummed that he couldn't put the Angel on the tree…I tried and tried to get him up there but he informed me that "if Daddy were here he could do it"…I guess we have ANOTHER thing to look forward to next year!

Easton decorated the bathroom…
After 2 weeks of non-stop visitors I took a little "me time" and by "me time" I mean I cleaned my house BIG TIME…I put everything back in order and made her look just the way I like it…free of "stuff".  I snapped some pictures and sent them to Leif for a little taste of HOME during this holiday season…






She is all ready for Christmas and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment