Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lego lies...

So I have a confession to make…I lie to my kid!!!  WHAT???? You don't!  OK, so maybe I don't lie..maybe I just divert the truth!!!  Does that sound harsh?  You know those games at the front of stores, or those rides that cost a fortune for a 20 second disappointment?  Well it just so happens that they are always "broken" when we pass them!  It's a shame but that is just the way the cookie crumbles!  Another unfortunate piece of information is that, sadly, legos are for children 5 and up.  Poor poor Aiden, he is only 4!  I have tried and tried to avoid those darn legos…seriously!  If you know Aiden you know that he gets attached to small things…really small things…think tiny tiny tiny allen wrench…YEP, I have searched my neighbors garage for that darn thing.  I AM CRAZY!!!  So the thought of Legos, and hundreds of them really gave me anxiety and I had devised a plan to never have them in my home!!!  That was until we went to Aiden's buddy Matthew's birthday party at a lego center….Aiden sat for an hour and created a ton of different things…he was having so much fun…in fact he didn't want to play any games, eat or do anything but build….




This one had to be hooked up to a battery pack…really?
After the fun he had…and the freedom I had I realized that I was going to have to reevaluate my strategy…once Santa gets my updated order Aiden is going to wonder how he miraculously turned 5….hmmmmm???  At least the games at Walmart are still broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment