Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our trip to MD

During our last excursion to MD we did more than just attend a baby shower.  We took every free moment we had and spent it with the people who meant the most to us and let me tell you, we were busy busy!  I always tell myself that I am not going to run myself like crazy while I am in town but I always do.  I figure that since we did travel over 500 miles to be there, we might as well make the most of it.  Most, not all, of the people that we really wanted to see agree with that...as for the others...we hope that next time you can fit us into your schedule!
I spent my days with my family...they even played hooky from work to spend the day with me (ssshhh) and most of my evenings were spent with friends!  As usual, my head and my heart were so full with what I take away from these amazing relationships and to be honest I was a bit bummed the week following my trip because I miss those fun girl talks with the ones who know me the best (you know who you are ;-) )
Here are a few images from the long weekend....
Cousins playing...

Snuggling my newest nephew Eli

My Mom with her Grandsons

Aiden with his buddy Jacob...

Having lunch with one of my best girls...

Seeing this Gorgeous Momma-to-be... 
Just a tad blurry...but my fave girls nonetheless 

Reminiscing with our awesome friends...


The best part about coming back to our hometown is that, although so much time has passed and we are all so incredibly busy, once we get together it is as if nothing has changed.  I am a firm believer that relationships take work...I often get discouraged when putting effort into a relationship and not getting any effort in return.  Over the past 2 months we have had to handle some pretty serious and stressful moments...so many of my (our) amazing friends and family have reached out in so many different ways...it is nice to know who your friends are...and sometimes, it is nice to know who they aren't...not in a bad way, but in a life is short and time is precious kind of way.  I want to spend my time and effort on those who truly value it the way that I do, and that is exactly what we did!
 

OH...I almost forgot to mention one of my loves that I spent a lot of time with....

We do not have a Chick Fil A around here so my old friend and I spent a lot of time together!!!!  I miss you friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment