Monday, September 23, 2013

An arranged marriage...

At the hubby and I's rehearsal dinner my in-laws made a really sweet speech about arranged marriages...sounds so romantic doesn't it?  The story is long but goes a little like this...Back in our sophomore year of high school Leif's parents pointed me out to Leif while I was cheering during a football game...fast forward to the next year and we are smitten followed by love and eventually marriage and a baby carriage (or 2).  They jokingly said that there was something to this whole "arranged" marriage thing from other cultures and then followed it with some really sweet words about their future daughter in law.

Being a mom of 2 boys, I know that one day I will no longer be my son's #1 girl...while it breaks my heart, my goal is to raise my 2 boys to be respectful, kind, thoughtful and hardworking gentleman.  One day when all of the ninja turtles are long gone, when they no longer want mommy to snuggle, and when being cute is no longer an acceptable adjective, I want and insist that my boys know how to treat a lady and that lady better know how to treat my boys.  As my friend Tara and I were discussing today, wouldn't it be great if we could choose our kids soul mates?  We would know them, like them, and we would know where they came from and the kind of morals that were instilled in them.

We are fortunate enough to have some amazing little ladies in our neighborhood and Aiden is doing his best to treat these ladies right.  Miss Carolina (Roli for short) holds Aiden's heart right now...and I am pretty sure that the feeling is mutual!  To help Roli celebrate her Princess Birthday we delivered flowers to her at her Princess Party...

And a ball gown which earned ANOTHER hug...

They have already had their first date...chaperoned, of course!
Yes, he has his arm around her hehe


A romantic date at Busch Gardens...


An evening drive around the park...



Young Love...

Aiden is an equal opportunity gentleman....

Driving Jade off into the sunset!
I completely approve of these 2 sweet girls....

And you are never too young to start grooming a gentleman...or setting up your kids with your friends kids :-)

Easton is hoping that getting on Addi's good side early on in life will pay off in the future!!!

Truth is, I just want my boys to marry a kind, caring, honest, positive person who brings out the best in them...someone who loves them for who they are and inspires them to be their best self!  I certainly wouldn't mind it if their parents were my BFF's, that way I would know that they came from a good family ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment